Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Very Brief Reflections on Day 2

I didn't have a chance to write a blog post for yesterday, and it is almost time to get started for today. I do have my notes and some of my class reflections ready to go, so later I will do some longer reflections about the retreat. For now, I will just say that day two was absolutely amazing. I am so glad that I decided to come to the retreat. It truly is the professional development opportunity of my dreams. I enjoyed time for writing in the morning with a focus lesson from Linda Rief, a discussion guided by Kylene Beers and Robert Probst about technology and literacy, Sarah Kajder's technology presentation, and Chris Crutcher's speaking in the evening. Chris Crutcher read an excerpt from Deadline, and once again, I found myself loving the read aloud. All of the speakers are very engaging and warm. I also found a great group of colleagues to work with, which was a nice relief since I came by myself. I always love learning from educators from different geographic regions - so much to learn!

1 comment: