Sunday, June 27, 2010

Peaceful Relaxation

I am sitting on the deck of my section of the cottage at Spruce Point Inn, waiting for the Boothbay Literacy Retreat to get started. The weather is beautiful with a nice, cool breeze. Inside the cottage has a cute desk sitting in front of a window. When I walked in I couldn't help but think of the cabin where my husband and I stayed for our honeymoon by a small lake nearby our hometown. While this time I am on my own and overlooking the ocean, the same sense of serenity is there. Number one on the list that I am sure will grow exponentially about what I am grateful for in this professional development experience. Well, I guess number one could have been the excitement building as I was waiting in the lobby for my room to be ready and saw Penny Kittle walk in, then Sara Kajder, followed by Linda Rief (recognized from the covers of their books that I have). It helped me realize that I am actually here! Wait, backing up even more, maybe number one should be looking through the stacks of beautiful journals, all different sizes and styles, spread out over the tables and getting to choose one at registration.

2 comments:

  1. Today was a gorgeous day in Maine. Enjoy your stay and the conference. I can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you're off to a wonderful start!. I can't wait to hear of your daily life there at Boothbay - thank you for sharing with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete