Friday, June 4, 2010

First Crossing

I just did a post reflecting on the book that Donald R. Gallo edited, First Crossing: Stories of Teen Immigrants on my YA book review blog. The book is rich with possibilities for links to other YA books, both fiction and non-fiction, as well as themed units that I mentioned in more detail on the other post. I can't wait for next fall when I can talk this book up to my students.

When I bought this book I had never heard of Donald R. Gallo before, but lately I have been seeing his name everywhere. He wrote or is mentioned in a lot of the articles for my YA Literature Class and he also just wrote an article in the latest issue of NCTE's Voices from the Middle. In the last couple of weeks I have come to notice that he is a big name in the YA lit field.

No comments:

Post a Comment