Saturday, April 11, 2009

Over before you know it!

I am officially on the home stretch of the school year. With our langauge breakdown I have four more English weeks and two more Spanish weeks. This time of year always flies by with different field trips and activities. I can hardly believe it is almost time for the end of another school year.

All year long I have been reflecting about my first year teaching in a self-contained setting. I am proud of a lot about this experience, but I am also relieved that as our school continues to grow I will be closer to my comfort zone next year. I will be responsible for langauge arts, language development, and social studies while a second teacher will be the science and math teacher. It is exciting that I will be able to focus on the content areas that I feel passionate about, rather than feeling stretched to cover all the bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment