Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FOUR WEEKS!

After this week I will officially only have four weeks of school left, and every single one of those weeks has at least one atypical day which will make each week fly by even faster. On top of that, spring is officially here. This week the weather has been so nice. When I go to pick my students up after their lunch break outside I no longer freeze while waiting for them to line up, and I actually have the urge to stay outside for a while longer to bask in the sun!

I have really enjoyed my school year. I learned so much, and I cannot wait to have some time this summer to reflect and plan for next year. Just a little bit ago I was skimming through some of my earlier posts, and I found another fun reason to blog - it is like a journal of my experience and took me back to my thoughts at the beginning of the year (#1 and #2) (and also reminds me that I started out the year with an actual teaching journal that I was faithfully writing in every day, which turned into every once in a while, and eventually a vague memory sparked by thoughts of reflection!).

I will be doing a month of summer school early on. I will have some of my 6th graders as well as get to know some of my incoming students. It will be a perfect opportunity to familiarize myself with my incoming students' levels and then have a chunk of time afterward to continue planning and setting up the framework for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment