Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Branching Out

Welcome to Snapshots of Mrs. V where you can catch glimpses of my classroom practices, teaching philosophy, and ideas that I am considering to continually improve as an educator.

When I entered the blog world last summer, I quickly realized that my blog was being outweighed by book reviews, which led me to start a separate review blog. Recently I have been going back and forth on whether or not my original blog was the best platform for my teaching posts. Because there are some teaching blogs that I love to follow that just talk about teaching, I decided there may be readers who would enjoy a separate blog rather than wading through a more eclectic blog. Thus, it was time to have yet another spin off from my original blog. Here's my plan:

*At In Search of Balance I will do my parenting and hobbies that are not career related posts.
*Mrs. V's Reviews will continue to be a book review blog spanning from books I enjoy reading to my girls, additions to the classroom library, and adult reading. Here I will also post about students' comments and reactions to books.
*With Snapshots of Mrs. V I will target my posts to professional development I am doing, reflections on my practices, resources I enjoy, and other educational related ideas.

1 comment: