Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Great Scavenger Hunt

This week I started seeing multiple mentions of Kay Cassidy's The Great Scavenger Hunt (such as here and here). I instantly thought about how much fun it would be for my students to participate, but there was one small glitch. Our school only has classroom libraries rather than a regular school-wide library. While the students do get to go to the public library once every two weeks, we will only be able to go one more time this year since the last month of school has so many special events.

Luckily, Kay Cassidy agreed that my students could participate using our classroom library. It is perfect because many of the books with available scavenger hunts are in our library. I noticed that there are a lot of Class of 2k8 and 2k9 authors, as well as Buzz Girls authors. I am excited to see what my students think of the contest.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out about The Great Scavenger Hunt Contest, Mrs. V.! :-) I'm so glad you emailed me to share your situation. I'm always delighted to help teachers any way I can. Good luck in The Hunt!

    ReplyDelete