Thursday, January 7, 2010

Scenarios Series

One of my students came back from break excited about a couple of books from the Scenarios series that her dad gave her for Christmas. After reading her comments about the second book, All That Glitters, in her reading response letter, I talked to her about the books in class. She had written to me that the main character had to make an important decision and she wanted her to make the right decision. I asked her if she had read far enough to see what she had decided, and imagine my surprise when she said something like "She made the right decision because that is what I chose for her." That is when I realized that it is an interactive series, instantly taking me instantly back to the days of Choose Your Own Adventure. As I was looking into the series a little more for this post, I realized that the books do not have quite as many decision as Choose Your Own Adventure, but rather the books set the stage for one moral dilemma per book and the reader is able to make a decision to see the consequences based on choice. I always love to see my students excited about receiving books as gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, great blog!

    Thanks so much for highlighting my series. It's always fun to hear comments from excited young readers.

    We're considering adding some books with three choices each...so keep watch. ;)

    Thanks again and God bless!
    Nicole O'Dell
    www.scenariosforgirls.com

    ReplyDelete