Sunday, January 3, 2010

Last Day

The two weeks of the break flew by (as always) and tomorrow I will be back to school. I look forward to seeing how everyone's break went. We only have two weeks (one in each language) left in the second quarter that will fly by. In social studies students will be reviewing the main concepts from Medieval Europe before taking the unit tests. In writing they will be finishing revisions and publishing their personal narratives. They will also be taking their first round of state testing in reading.

Before I know it, it will be third quarter where we will be moving on to Renaissance and Reconstruction in social studies, preparing for the state writing test (I decided to teach prompt writing as a genre before testing as others have suggested), and discussing questioning in reading, along with starting new book clubs. Once the 7th graders complete their state writing assessment, I am very excited to begin student blogs. I can hardly wait!

Third quarter always seems to go fast, and fourth quarter is the quickest of the year. It is hard to believe that I am already approaching the half-way point of another school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment