Saturday, January 9, 2010

Mrs. V is taking a Writing Class

This semester I will be taking a writing class through a nearby university, and I can hardly wait. I just received a couple of my required texts from Amazon and the other will be arriving shortly. The official class title is Writing Processes, Instruction, and Assessment, K-8. From the syllabus it sounds like we will be doing a lot of writing and various genre studies. I can already tell that the class will be a great learning experience.

Here are the required texts for the class:
Best Practices in Writing Instruction


Traits of Writing: The Complete Guide for Middle School
(Students can choose whichever of the traits books best fits their teaching area, and I was feel so lucky that the middle school text was just released!)


Teaching Writing: Balancing Process and Product



We will also be choosing one book as part of a book club. One of the options was Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, so I also ordered that through Amazon; although, I won't know if I am able to use it for my book club book or not until I find out if there are others who also want to read it. Regardless, I have heard about it a lot and know that it will be a great read whether it is for the class or on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment