Saturday, August 15, 2009

What to Expect on Snapshots Of Mrs. V

Summer vacation has come to an end. Yesterday I officially went back to work. I wanted to do a quick comment about what readers can expect during the school year. I just barely started this blog as the school year was coming to a close. During the summer I read and posted my thoughts about many professional resources. While I will continue to do the same during the school year, the focus of the blog will shift toward implementation and reflections on how the school year is going.

I often am not able to read as much during the school year as I am busy planning and trying to make my visions turn into reality in the classroom. It is more common for me to refer back to the resources that I have previously read than to pick up new resources. It has seemed to work as a good balance, rather than having too many ideas without taking the time to make sure that I am able to implement them well. I have always enjoyed vacations as my time to re-energize and look for fresh new ideas.

That said, I do still love the chance to read new materials during the year and make it a priority. I have already seen advertisements for new professional development books coming out that I can't wait to read. Also, reading other education blogs will be a main area that I will keep up with throughout the year and is a great tool to reflect on my own teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment