Sunday, August 30, 2009

Proud New Member of NCTE


I just decided to join the National Council of Teachers of English. Earlier this spring I had been debating whether to renew my membership to the International Reading Association or to switch over to NCTE. I have been a member of IRA for the last three years, and have really enjoyed their publication, Reading Today. However, I had also been hearing a lot about NCTE. Eventually I would like to have a membership to both, but for this year with tight budgets I decided to choose between the two. Prior to IRA I was a member of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese. There are so many great professional organizations out there that it is hard to decide which to join.

Which organizations are you a member of?

No comments:

Post a Comment