Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to School Day 2

Day 2

Today I continued unpacking and getting my classroom in order. Before I left for home I had sorted through all the boxes and found a spot for everything (even if it is temporary while I wait for more classroom materials to come in). Last night I bought some storage containers at Wal-Mart so that my shelves and some supplies are more organized. I also bought some bookends for the shelves where I have my book club sets. Aside from organizing additional components as they come in, my class layout is set. I will rearrange as needed as I go along.

This afternoon my partner teacher and I got together to finish up a PowerPoint for our parent meeting tomorrow to welcome our students and discuss expectations for the year. As a bonus, when I got back to my classroom from our meeting, my phone was hooked up.

The next three days until the students come I will be able to focus back on my curriculum and working with my partner teacher to set up for our first day where we are planning to have various activities as a middle school team.

I am exhausted, and I will need to make sure to be very productive so that I will hopefully not have to stay late on Wednesday and Thursday. Then I can get plenty of rest and be ready to go for students on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment