Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back to School Day 5 (Final Day)

Today was our last work day before students come back tomorrow morning. The rush was on to complete as much as possible in the time available. Today I had my practicum student and assistant there to help me, and they got so much of my to-do list finished. My literacy menus are almost set to hang up, but I decided to put them up at the end of the day tomorrow. I am going to have to get creative in deciding how to make them fit, but by the end of the day I was almost certain that I have a plan. They also completed setting up my bulletin board and various other tasks to prepare for the first day.

We received a delivery estimate for my desks of tomorrow afternoon. It will not be too bad though because my partner teacher and I planned to do some middle school activities as a whole team for the morning and then spend time with each class for a little over an hour in the afternoon. Since that time will fly by, it will be fairly easy to just have students grab a clipboard and sit on the floor, rather than desks. Then for the first full day in my classroom with students, the desks will be all set up.

I will do a post about our first day sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment