Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last Days of Vacation

I made sure to take the last days of my official summer vacation off. Today the girls went to a craft camp, and I got my hair cut. Then we spent the rest of the day together. Tomorrow I also plan on spending the day with them.

Then Friday I will move in to my new classroom. Luckily a group of people have already blocked out time in their morning to help me move my boxes over. When I was in earlier this week they were adding on the final touches. There is now electrical access for student laptops and they put in all the ceiling tiles. It looked like my projector also arrived, and if so, it will probably be installed when I get there on Friday. Everything is so beautiful, and I am very excited for the students to see it. I will post pictures once I get settled in.

I am still waiting for some minor details, such as my teacher desk, computer, whiteboard, Smart Board, and student desks to arrive. Other than that (ha ha) I am all ready to get started on setting up my classroom. I remember this time last year everything started to come in on a regular basis, and even though I was getting anxious wondering whether or not it would arrive in time, the essentials were there for the first day. I am not going to worry about it this year. Even if everything is not here for the start of school, I will adjust. For example, if my Smart Board is not in, I will just wait to incorporate components such as the blog and I will use traditional chart paper instead of using my computer and the projector for writing and reading workshop.

My years of teaching experience have taught me to be flexible, go with the flow, and do the best I can with what I have. I am looking forward to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment