Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wall Quotes


Recently I was back home since my sisters were visiting my parents' house. We stopped by a local coffee shop, and I loved how they had quotes around the shop. Some were on boards, and others were directly on the wall. I asked the owner where they got them, and she said they were through Upper Case Living.

I know that I want to have some quotes on the wall this year, and if I have them custom made through Upper Case Living they will definitely look better then if I just print them out and mount them on colorful paper. There is also a mom at our school who made signs for everyone's door with similar stick on lettering, so I will check in with her first as well to see if she has any ideas.

I would love to have the following quotes on my wall:

"Reading is breathing in. Writing is breathing out." -Lester Laminack
(I saw this quote on Stella's blog.)

El niño aprende a leer leyendo y a escribir escribiendo.
(This translates to: A child learns to read by reading and to write by writing. I cannot find who the quote is attributed to, but I heard it a lot in Mexico when talking to teachers.)

Read like a writer and write like a reader.
(This is another one that I hear a lot, but I am not sure if it is attributed to someone specific. If you know, I would love for you to leave a comment.)

If I want to put the quotes directly on the wall I would need to get permission, but at least they can be removed. Otherwise, I could have them mounted on boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment