Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Heinemann Podcasts and Teacher's Lounge


I just read Holding on to Good Ideas in a Time of Bad Ones, so I was excited to get an email update from Heinemann announcing a podcast available with a discussion between the book's author, Thomas Newkirk and Nancie Atwell. When I went to listen, I noticed a tab for a teacher's lounge. Those who have read my previous posts know that Heinemann was always my favorite go-to professional development publisher. Recently, Stenhouse caught my attention because of their technology pieces that I love so much, such as their blog. It appears that the Heinemann teacher forum is fairly new, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves and to check in to see which new podcasts are available from time to time. I am glad that my two favorite publishers have opportunities to interact with the authors and other educators, opening up many opportunities to network with other teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment