Friday, April 23, 2010

Nice Reaffirmations

It is always nice for students to hear students make comments that validate the teaching practices I do. Today some of my students participated on a panel of students at our school for some university students taking a children's literature class. I had been excited for the panel, thinking my students would enjoy talking about the books they love. Yet, I didn't realize until after that it would also be an experience to reaffirm my literacy beliefs. This afternoon the college professor who was coordinating the panel was sharing different comments from my students about what they like about class and how they find books. For example, they brought up Author Tip Tuesday, book talks, reading response letters and our classroom library. I am glad that I have been able to play a role in my students' literacy lives, and look forward to spending one more year with this particular class!

No comments:

Post a Comment