Saturday, December 18, 2010

Research, Research, Research

Last week was the last class meeting for my fall semester courses. As I mentioned before, one class was a qualitative research course, and it inspired many different directions in which I could go for my eventual dissertation. Today is my first official day of winter break, and I have so many books to choose from for my two week break...

Among the books are some to continue thinking about research, looking at others' research and thoughts about research as mentor texts in building my own identity as a researcher. Here are some books that I have been revisiting recently, as well as others that that I just received and will be reading for the first time:

Revisiting



Literacy and Bilingualism: A Handbook for ALL Teachers by María Estela Brisk and Margaret M. Harrington, 2nd Edition



Language and Identity in a Dual Immersion School by Kim Potowski



Becoming Biliterate by Berta Pérez

New Books - Just Arrived in My Mail Box this Month





¡Sí Se Puede! Learning from a High School That Beat the Odds by Úrsula Casanova



Learning and not Learning English: Latino Students in American Schools by Guadalupe Valdés



We ARE Americans: Undocumented Students Pursuing the American Dream by William Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment