Tuesday, May 12, 2009

YouTube Book Trailers

I always have loved watching movie previews, and YouTube book trailers has been a really fun, new way to market books. I did not incorporate them in my classroom at all this year, but for next year I have been thinking of using some rather than traditional book talks at times. I also thought it would be fun to have as another option for students to respond to books. They could write out and plan how they would market the book as a trailer. If I was able to get a little more tech savvy they could even create a book trailer. Another option to utilize the trailers would be to have students view them after reading books and analyze areas such as whether or not they are accurate representations of the book and whether or not they would hook readers.

Here's some examples of book trailers that I thought would be appropriate to show my middle schoolers. They are all from Class of 2k8 books and are listed on the Great Scavenger Hunt Contest.

Samantha Hansen Has Rocks in Her Head



I So Don't Do Mysteries


http://mrsvsreviews.blogspot.com/2008/10/emerald-tablet-arc.html

No comments:

Post a Comment