Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer School Language Arts Packet

For my first attempt at using Scribd, I wanted to share the packet that I sent home for summer. My partner teacher created a math packet, and I did the language arts side. I looked at examples from Two Writing Teachers and The Reading Zone before creating my packet. This is the first time that I have ever done a summer packet, so it was really a trial and error. Since I strongly believe in not assigning something that we would not do ourselves, I am doing the activities over the summer to help decide what I need to revise for next year.

I liked how both of the examples that I looked at referenced activities that they did in class. I was not able to do that as much because I only had one grade level this year and the other incoming class was with different teachers. For next year I am considering having two separate packets, one generic one for students who have not been in my class yet, and a more personalized one for returning students. Also, on week one, I forgot to add a reading response activity. The example of how they should head their papers (referenced before the activities) was hand written and copied, so it does not appear in the document.

Summer 2009 Language Arts Packet Scribd Summer 2009 Language Arts Packet Scribd Mrs. V

No comments:

Post a Comment