Sunday, March 13, 2011

Día de los niños Books

The morning of conferences I went to school early. I decided to start listening to Jeff Wilhelm's webinar that I saw on My View From Here's blog. However, once I finished what I was doing, I could not move on to any of the other immediate items on my to-do list since I wanted to do something that did not require a lot of focus until the Webinar was over. I decided to pull out the books that I have been collecting throughout the year for Día de los niños to give to my 6th-8th grade students.

Of course, as soon as I had them spread all over my counter and table, the webinar was over. A couple of co-workers asked me throughout the day what all the books were for. I laughed with one co-worker about how no matter what, before I went home I was going to match the books to different students so that it would not have been a waste of time unpacking them all.





I always love this time of year - matching up books to students to give the gift of reading, a tradition that our school has that I absolutely embrace. Though we won't hand them out until the end of April, I was able to match each student with a book with the exception of a few students who I could not find just the right book for as the options dwindled down. Rather than giving them a book that did not seem quite right for them, I made myself a note and ordered books for them on my last book order. Next up, I need to put the labels in them to say: Día de los niños 2011. Then I will box them back up and wait for the big day!

1 comment: