Saturday, May 15, 2010

How can it be...?

How can it possibly be that I only have one week left with my students? 5 MORE DAYS! Although I have been aware that the weeks were quickly ticking away, it always feels surreal to be at the end of the year. It hit me yesterday when one of my colleagues was talking about how it was a super busy week. She was talking about some end of the year assessments that they needed to finish up yesterday. As we were standing outside waiting for parents to pick up all of the students it hit me. "Oh my gosh, that was your last week with that class, wasn't it?!" All of the teachers at our school, besides kindergarten, sixth and seventh grade have their students on alternating weeks. While one class is with the Spanish teacher, the other half is with the English teacher. It is moments like these that make me really realize that the end of the year really is so close.

Luckily my first grader will still have one more year with her team of teachers, and I will still have my students next year, so it will just be a break away, not a transition of moving on from a group. I have lesson plans for next week all mapped out; however, I have my priorities for the week. Things I want to finish for sure: end of the year portfolio reflections and some student surveys. Then there are those things that we will do if there is time. This week won't be a week to get stressed out trying to cram in everything I want to do. It will be about making sure to take plenty of time to laugh, enjoy, and celebrate with my students, making sure that they leave for the summer knowing that I have appreciated all of their hard work and learning with them this year and that I am excited to have them again in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment