Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Exciting News

I just shared the exciting news on my personal blog that I today I received my acceptance letter into a doctoral program at a local university. In January I started a literacy class in writing in hopes that I would be accepted to the program, knowing that they the class would count toward my degree because my emphasis area will be in literacy. The first day of class was a turning point, knowing it could be something much more significant than just one class.

While in the middle of my doctoral studies my other blogs may not have as frequent of postings, but I expect that this will be the blog where I will continue to update regularly as it has ended up being a place to reflect and share learning. I plan on focusing much of my studies on technology and literacy. Along those lines, I had already been planning on getting my students started with Google Applications this week, including Gmail, Google Docs, and Blogger. After my technology conference, I have even more excitement for the possibilities of having a class set of iTouches. I am not sure when we will get our iTouches though. In the meantime I will be exploring and getting familiar with mine that I mentioned I got (a special surprise from our director). Soon, I will be posting about why I am so excited. As a preview, it is once again going to revolutionize the way I track conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment