Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am thankful...

*for all of my students (past and present) and the joy that comes from watching them grow and improve, along with all the steps along the way to achieve those changes.

*for my very first teaching placement and the inspiration and leadership that my two co-principals provided. That quick year will forever influence me as a teacher, and I am grateful for all the seeds they planted.

*to be working at my dream school with a leadership that allows for synthesizing ideas from many sources to fine tune my concept of best practice, rather than having my position defined by a specific program.

*to work with a collaborative group of teachers who are always ready to try something new, improve what is already working so that it is even more effective, problem solve our challenges, share our successes, and laugh together.

*to have a teaching partner with whom I can discuss ideas, plan, problem-solve, and share successes.

*for professional books written by authors who make the reading experience feel like I am sitting down and having a conversation with a colleague and mentor.

*for the wonderful blogosphere opening up so many new opportunities to learn from teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment