Thursday, November 26, 2009

Can't Resist

My stack of professional development reading that I just can't wait to get to keeps on building, including: Middle School Readers, Reading for Their Life, Writing Circles, and How's it Going (in progress) from Heinemann and Metaphors & Analogies from Stenhouse. I have plenty to read and process, so why did I just order four more books from Heinemann? Simple, I could not resist their promotion of 30% off and free shipping.

I only ordered from the new releases. I did not even want to skim the older titles in order to keep myself from buying more than I already was. As it was, I almost bough Penny Kittle's Write Beside Them since it is featured as an English Companion Book Club right now, but I forgot to order before checkout. I considered starting another order, but the disucssion is already underway. I don't think I would get it in time now.

Here is what I did buy, and I can't wait to read all of them for different reasons:

The Digital Writing Workshop


Writing Between Languages


Adolescent Literacy and Differentiated Instruction


The Essential Don Murray


I feel very fortunate to have so many high quality professional development resources at my fingertips!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. V - I work for Heinemann. Would love to chat. Can you email me at proposals@heinemann.com so I can chat with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out the book! Please join in the conversation at: http://digitalwritingworkshop.ning.com

    Troy

    ReplyDelete