Friday, September 2, 2011

Workshop Round 2

Recently I found out that other teachers at my school who were not able to attend the summer reading and writing workshop course were interested after hearing everyone else talking about it, so I will be doing a second round of the training in the next couple weeks. We also invited the other teachers from another rural school who had a participant in the summer. The rest of their teachers will also be attending.

During the start of the year preparation days, teachers talked frequently about how excited they were for the workshop ideas. Those who have a partner teacher who they alternate with by week (an English teacher and a Spanish teacher) started talking about what they wanted to implement. Now they are a couple of weeks into the school year, and they are still excited.

They have been able to implement at different ranges, depending on individual classroom time frames and what the students needed most at the start of the year but all have plans for how they are going to continually implement. In addition, they have been telling me about different meetings that they have been having with each other to continually support each other, as well as to troubleshoot. I couldn't be more happy that they are continuing to collaborate.

It is so fulfilling to see their excitement and to hear how the workshop philosophy has been positively impacting their classrooms, just as I have noticed in my classroom. On a professional level, I am excited to have the opportunity to teach another round so close to the first in order to adjust and improve. When I original wrote my reflections, I had no idea that I would have another round so soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment