Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Stenhouse E-Books

I have been seeing so many new Stenhouse books that I can't wait to read. I have held off from purchasing for a while because my reading for pleasure has been really limited with my new teaching position and doctoral studies; yet, I couldn't resist any longer. Today I ordered five Stenhouse books - mostly new, but a couple of older books. Whenever time permits, I can't wait to read them. It's hard to decide which to read first!

When ordering, I decided to try out the new E-book option that Stenhouse offers. Once purchasing, it was a quick process to click on the link to download to my computer as a PDF and then transfer them onto my Kindle. The only drawback that I have noticed is that on my Kindle the font is really small, showing a page at a time on the smaller sized Kindle screen. It does have the option to enlarge the text, but it is not like regular Kindle books, instead it zooms in on a part of the page and you have to scroll around to view the rest of the page, rather than just being able to click from page to page. I'm not sure if I will be able to actually read them on my Kindle or if I will end up reading them right on my computer. It will all depend on whether I can handle the small font because I know for sure that I will not be scrolling back and forth! I am thinking that it might work better with an iPad though because of the larger screen.

Either way, I am really excited about the books I ordered. I bought three of the books because they are by authors that I absolutely love: Kelly Gallagher's Write Like This, Cris Tovani's So What Do They Really Know?, and Jennifer Allen's Becoming a Literacy Leader. Later this fall, I will definitely be getting Jeff Anderson's 10 Things Every Writer Needs to Know when it is available.




Then I bought a couple of other books that captured my attention - Kassia Omohundro Wedekind's Math Exchanges and Mentoring Beginning Teachers by Jean Boreen, Mary K. Johnson, Donna Niday, and Joe Potts.



So much to look forward to...

What professional books would you like to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment