Sunday, September 25, 2011

Workshop Technology

My colleagues have been providing positive feedback about implementing workshop philosophy into their classrooms this year at the k-8 levels. The last couple of years I thought that an iPad might be perfect for conferring anecdotal records. An iPod Touch was too small and at times a laptop was too cumbersome. I was thrilled to find out that the teachers were going to get iPads, and shortly after I found out I heard about the Confer App from Jen Munnerlyn. I couldn't get my email open fast enough to share the idea with the teachers.



So much potential...

Teachers were also excited about the paper versions of Fountas and Pinnell's Prompting Guides in English and Spanish. One teacher realized that both are available through the App store as well (English and Spanish). I instantly loved the idea knowing that rather than carrying around the prompting guide teachers would be able to utilize the iPad both to record notes and access the prompting guide when needed. The school will still have the paper copies for instructional assistants who do not have access to iPads. With technology there is always so much to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment