Friday, September 10, 2010

Scholastic Book Clubs

I just took advantage of Scholastic's extra bonus point offers when placing my students' orders. I know that the first order of the year always seems to have the best promotions for additional bonus points, so I ordered more books to make it to the $200 mark for the TAB and Arrow orders to get the maximum additional points. I always love buying more books for my classroom library, and I also got some for my girls. I can use some others for holiday gifts as well.

Aside from being able to get more classroom library books from time to time throughout the year, the other main reason why I wanted to stock up on bonus points was because each year we have a school wide Día de los niños celebration in April, and we give each student a book as a gift. Since I am the language arts teachers for 6th-8th grade I coordinate all of our students' books. This year I have a little under 80 students, and I will get different books throughout the year to try to match books with appropriate reading and interest levels to each student. I am excited to see a big bonus points balance to start out the year in order to buy books from time to time.

When I went to place my order I was also excited to see the updates to their ordering site. It was much easier to place my orders, now that they allow to do as many different clubs on the same order. Last year it had a limit - I think around four or five. The process for making sure to take advantage of all special promotions was also a lot easier, clearly outlined at checkout.

Bring on the books!

1 comment:

  1. I should order some books from Scholastic. I never even think of it...Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete